Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ma!

I'm a few days late because I was deep in the mountains and just got out today, but i figure better late than never....so this post is dedicated to my Mom: the woman who always said, "Chris, you can do anything if you put your mind to it" and who backed up these words with her actions and her unwavering faith and belief in me....

This amazing lady (with a little help from my dad and sisters and brothers, too) made me who I am,  instilled in me the very sense of independence and bravery that has led me to be where I am right now (both literally and figuratively) and for this she is one of my heroes. My ma is a one-of-a-kind woman: she's tough, she's courageous, she's sweet and brilliant, beautiful and she is grace under pressure....plus, she can feed a crowd like no one else i know.

I know that the path I've chosen has caused my mom more worry than is probably fair, yet through it all she has always shown me love.She's reveled in my successes, laughed with me when spirits were high, she's picked me up from my failures, she's kicked me in the pants when i've needed it and she's been a shoulder to cry on during heartbreaks....

So, MA - here's a Himalayan Happy Birthday and here's to many more years of celebrating - Hope this trip around the sun is your best yet....Maybe next year we can celebrate in the same time zone!

Love and light and happiness to my Ma and to y'all...Namaste.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to call my Mother right now :)

    Happy Birthday Mrs Kasser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris thinking of you...glad you have this blog namaste right back atcha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of THE sweetest "Dear Ma" messages I have ever seen! Pickin up my phone, right now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is truly a beautiful message....but chris..nice try... i am still her favorite. love helen

    ReplyDelete